BSK®-POLY polymer dosing system - front view
Polymer dosing system type: BSK®-POLY (WWTP Kardzhali, Bulgaria)
For more information:
Info 227 BSK-POLY
- The aim of sludge dewatering is to win a high percentage of dry matter. For this purpose, a high-performance centrifuge can be used in the sewage treatment plant, which has been developed specifically for dewatering of sludge. However, the solid-liquid separation is not very successful without the addition of separation aids, because there exit strong bonding forces between the water and the deposited solids.
The addition of a so-called “polyelectrolyte” dissolves these bonding forces and leads to an association of the solid particles of the sludge to stable flakes and a physical separation of the liquid and the solids takes place. This separation leads within the centrifuge to a spatial separation of the considerable heavier sludge flakes (with respect to its volumetric weight) by centrifugal forces. Consequently, the carrier liquid (= sludge-water) leaves the dewatering system by the overflow of the centrifuge. The concentrated solids within the centrifuge are discharged by use of the clearing worm out of the casing area into a screw conveyor.
- The sludge has different physical properties depending on the composition of the wastewater (influence of industry, water quality etc.)
So the right choice of a polyelectrolyte is a task which needs to be resolved within the first months of operation of a sewage plant. By adopting various polyelectrolyte (cationic charge, anionic charge, combined charge etc.) on the laboratory scale, the flocculation and phase separation can be determined very accurately. The seemingly most suitable polyelectrolyte is then tested for practical use, and finally used for further sludge dewatering (at actual suitability).
- The BSK®-POLY dosing stations for polymer which are developed and produced in our facilities, have the task of preparing the delivered concentrated product for application. Then the polymer is available in a so-called “working solution” and can be mixed with the sludge.
By use of the BSK®-POLY dosing station for polymer, a fully automatic and required production of the solution is achieved.
- The automatic sequence of all processes within the dosing system is monitored and controlled by an integrated control cabinet. With the help of a touch panel, it is possible to modify certain operating parameters in order to respond flexibly to the procedural conditions.
- In addition to the polymer concentrate, also a granulated powder can be used. To this end, the polymer-dosing station can be equipped with a so-called “dry material feeder”.
- Possible basic components of a BSK®-POLY dosing station for polymer are:
- Base container with one or more chambers
- Concentrate pump
- Dry material feeder for powder polymer
- Dosing pump
- Measurement equipment
- Control cabinet with PLC, for example Siemens